she sells seashells

There's such a fine line between elegant shell designs and those that are kitsch appearing as though they came out of a little shell shop on The Redondo Pier.
But when you see the real deal, you know the difference {and it's not just the sticker reading 'made in china'}
Heather Kendall Designs, is the real deal and her work is truly, elegant {'shell-egant', shall we say?}
Kendall's work can be found in beach homes spanning the country from L.A. to Nantucket and some of those beach-less, beach houses in between. Custom orders are welcome and encouraged. Heather Kendall Designs

Comments

Laura Trevey said…
ohh... I heart the chandelier!!
I adore the bust of the lady with her shell crown. Wonderful!
Mrs. Blandings said…
I have such a weakness for this. Maybe my shell bust needs a soul sister.
Linda Merrill said…
Maya at Completely Coastal just did a post today on shell art as well. And you are so right - there is a huge difference between the good and bad. Meanwhile, I have a shell project waiting to start - maybe this will inspire me. Or scare me off!
Tracy Watier said…
Wow. Really beautiful. I checked out the artist's website... LOVE the busts, and the shell-encrusted mantels are pretty amazing too.
Karena said…
The chandelier is amazing! Love her work...
Clare said…
That chandelier is absolutely gorgeous.
What lovely work. The bust and chandelier are amazing! L
Unknown said…
I live near the beach most of my life, so I can appreciate great sea shell designs, perhaps even more so than other designers. The chandelier, especially, begs to be featured in a nature theme room.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/
soodie :: said…
M, I agree.... when done right, it can be absolutely stunning.
Rebecca Corvese said…
Amazing works, except for I don't know about that bust! The mirrors are quite spectacular though!
Shandell's said…
Heather's creations are wonderful. How great to see artists work.

Popular Posts