::ann wood handmade::

I felt this to be the perfect week to share with you these exquisite pieces by artist Ann Wood. The owls, with wonderful names like, "Iago", "Mr. Guppy", "Pecksniff", "Rodrigo" and "Henchard" are made using found, vintage bits of Japanese boro textiles, paper mache´, Victorian bodice fabrics, Vintage buttons, World War I army blankets, even vintage threads. All are stuffed with wool and stand approx. 9"
I love this photo, depicting one of the owls in mid-creation. He looks as though he's wearing a monocle!
That face! and check out those talons. incredible.
These are just amazing. And, mostly sold, but you can get on Ann Wood's mailing list to be notified of updates. It's well worth hopping over to her site just to see the full breadth of her work.

Comments

Blue Muse said…
I love her stuff! I've been watching that owl come together, and she's just amazing with bringing him to life. Her paper mache ships are out of this world, too. I just did a feature on her as well!
xo Isa
La Maison Fou said…
Love these little guys!
Such attention to detail & very well thought thru!!
I may have to fly on over to her site .... what a hoot!!
Leslie
Mrs. Blandings said…
So much character - like you would set one on your desk to talk to as you work at home.
Karena said…
Fun, and so creative, I am not n owl person, would love to see other creatures!
stacy di said…
wow. these are incredible. I love their eyes...
Megan,
I really love the owls from Ann Wood! I always have loved these birds!
Beautiful! Thank you!

Greet
Ivy Lane said…
They are amazing... "Haute Owls" I would say!! Happy Wednesday!
MIMILEE said…
Ann is certainly creative in a whimsical sort of way....I love it!

What a fun piece to own!
TERI REES WANG said…
The wild and wondrous world of the wise old owl.

These could be even more amazing on a bigger, bolder scale.

I could see them up and animated, on the big silver screen.
mary said…
The owls are fantastic--love at first sight. Thanks,
soodie :: said…
Love these owls but a little scared by them at the same time. Am I alone here?
72 and sunny said…
i love the idea of these being animated, Wes Andersen needs to collaborate with Ann.

Soodie:: they're TOTALLY Scary. They look like they'd yell at you. Sort of like MR. Bear in the 'Edith and the Bears" books.
Wow. Just incredible. And I'm not an owl person at all. Hope she makes other creatures, too. I am off to check it out.
Meg said…
These are so wild! I need to check out her site...very cool!
Anonymous said…
fabtastic owls,what a creative soul.
Lauren said…
wow beautiful. reminds me a bit of a cirque du soleil i saw a long time agao... i've been into owls lately...

xoxo
Absolutely gorgeous textile work!! I LOVE this owls...

Popular Posts